In fact, this year, I can finally do another scene from my imagined movie Single In The City (mentioned in an earlier post) and celebrate V-day as I want. I have no silly expectations from silly, immature boys. I have no silly fantasies about pink balloons and red roses and cheap gifts from just any random person.
This year I want to celebrate V-day with myself. I want to celebrate my own singledom and my freedom from all sorts of ‘love-ly’ tangles. This time, I want to celebrate me- something I have always longed to do but could never decide how to.
So this is my list of things. Things that I will do to please myself and noone else.
1. Walk around in street markets or malls by myself. Browse the stores for make-up, jewellery and books.
2. Watch a rom com and not weep about my single status but laugh at all those who are still struggling to deal with their crappy relationships.
3. Eat lots of ice-creams and chocolates that I will buy myself, from my own money.
4. Browse the Internet for all the coolest songs by the Rolling Stones, Beatles, and Santana!
5. Finish tasks I have been delaying for a long time, but really want to do asap…like downloading my fav movies, books, and drawing some new graffiti on my bedroom wall.
6. Write letters to all my long distance friends I haven’t talked to in a while. What better way than this to spread some L.O.V.E?
7. Bake a new sort of cake…something I have never baked before…. like caramel sponge cake, or coconut mocha cake.
8. Learn something new on the TED videos.
9. Hang out with my gal pals and chit chat with them until we have nothing more to say….but how is that possible??
10. Also hang out with my single guy buddies and show the world that this is not just a day of couple love, but friend love. And a guy and a girl CAN be friends!
11. Dress for myself. Usually that means a wacky combination of colours and accessories.
12. Read read read!!!