I love to try out new things when it comes to food. Even when I cook, I never repeat the same recipe in the same way more than twice (unless I reaally love it). So here’s what came out of one of my ‘experiments with pasta’. I tried to create a simple one-dish meal, which was healthy, tasty and filling. Try it and tell me how you like it….please! 🙂
1. Pasta (any kind..i generally use elbow macaroni or rotini
2. Milk (1/2 a cup)
3. Tomato Sauce (1 tbsp) or tomato puree
5. 1 Apple sliced
6. Oregano and Basil (or any other herbs)
7. Salt to taste
8. Red Chilli Powder (a pinch)
9. Cheese spread or melted cheese
1. Cook the pasta till it is al dente and then strain the water.
2. Pour some butter/ghee in a pan and tip the pasta in it.
3. Add the milk and cheese and salt to the pasta and cook the pasta in it till the milk thickens slightly and you get a cheezy sauce that enrobes the pasta. Then add the red chilli powder. You dont want to put in much. The chilli doesn’t have to be the dominant flavour.
4. Add the tomato sauce/puree and mix.
5. Take the pan off the fire and add the herbs to the pasta and mix again. Be careful not to break the pieces.
6. Add the sliced apple to the pasta and pour honey over it. I used little cubes of the apple and just a regular-sized spoon of honey. Too much honey will make it too sweet and take the tanginess of the tomato away.
And remember to give me your feedback! 🙂
Sorry I dont have any pictures of the pasta…but it should look like something like this…just with the apple and honey on top.