Music is such an amazing medium to propagate one’s views in a pleasing and entertaining way. The recent fad among musicians seems to be the rising concern over various environmental, social, and psychological issues plaguing our civilization and why should it not be?
So, I made a list of songs that I am thankful were written and sung by such talented people, who I thought were ignorant of anything which did not concern their personal lives immediately. Fortunately, these issues do concern…better, I thank them for using their power in a positive way.
I think everyone should listen to these songs and understand them. Please feel free to make your own additions to the list!
1. Bob Sinclair: World Hold On
2. Madonna: Hey You
3. Micheal Jackson: Heal the World
4. Micheal Jackson: The Earth Song
5. Black Eyed Peas ft. Justine Timberlake: Where is the Love?
6. John Mayer: Waiting on the World to Change
7. Savage Garden: The Animal Song
8. Micheal Jackson: They Don’t Really Care About Us
9. Lee Hays and Pete Seeger: If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
10. John Lennon: Imagine
11. Tracy Chapman: Behind the Wall
There are probably thousands of other wonderful songs that have been written about the problems in our lives. Some made it big, some didn’t. My thanks, and applause goes to all those writers who cared enough to care about the world.